The Utility Economic Development Association, Inc. (UEDA) was independently incorporated as 501(c)(6) not-for-profit corporation in 2001. Association members are economic development professionals with investor-owned electric and gas utilities as well as regional allies and industry service providers in the United States and Canada. The UEDA is dedicated to providing members with timely utility and industry focused educational opportunities, relevant training and networking opportunities designed facilitate and help achieve individual regional and corporate goals in an evolving and changing investor-owned electric and gas utility environment.
Utility members know economic development and their service areas. They add value to site selection projects by providing accurate unbiased data, regional connections and individualized hands-on assistance. UEDA members can to help meet tight deadlines for site selectors and companies wishing to expand, relocate or locat in their service areas.
Each year the UEDA:
- Creates semi-annual networking and educational forums
- Conducts advanced economic development education courses
- Conducts economic development research
- Disseminates specialized utility economic development information
- Serves as a conduit to members for site selectors