The Utility Economic Development Association, Inc. (UEDA) was independently incorporated as 501(c)(6) not-for-profit corporation in 2001. Association members are economic development professionals with investor-owned electric and gas utilities as well as regional allies and industry service providers in the United States. The UEDA is dedicated to providing members with timely utility and industry focused educational opportunities, relevant training and networking opportunities designed to facilitate and help achieve individual regional and corporate goals in a continually evolving and changing investor-owned electric and gas utility environment.
Utility members know economic development, electric and gas utilities and their service areas. They can add value to site selection projects by providing accurate unbiased data, regional connections and individualized hands-on assistance. UEDA uitlity members can to help meet tight deadlines by working with site selectors and companies wishing to expand, relocate or locate in their individual service areas throughout the United States.
Each year the UEDA:
- Creates semi-annual networking and educational forums
- Conducts advanced economic development education webinars and courses
- Conducts economic development research on behalf of members
- Disseminates relevant utility economic development information
- And serves as a conduit to members for site selectors and other stakeholders